AELTC Wimbledon Championship Job Vacancy
General Operative (Limited Availability)
To carry out and complete tasks as allocated by Team Leader and Supervisor within your area or, in some cases, where you have been allocated by your Supervisor and Zonal Manager.
- To carry out general cleaning tasks as detailed in Wimbledon Champs 2023 Method Statements, to agreed site cleaning standards, which includes: washrooms cleaning, sweeping the areas, washing floors, vacuuming, cleaning up any litter/empties/glasses from The Club furniture, sanitising and cleaning all tables and chairs collecting all litter from the area where you are working, including the litter in the beds, emptying bins and transferring the contents to the allocated area, hard floor cleaning using machinery, having a reactive response to cleaning issues and spillages as directed by Line Management (Zonal Manager, Zonal Supervisors and Team Leaders).
- To carry out all tasks within the contract specification and all legislation including Health and Safety and Personal Hygiene.
- To ensure correct cleaning materials, equipment and methods are always used and equipment is kept clean, tidy and in a good working order. To report any faulty machinery / equipment immediately to Line Management.
- To ensure that the company uniform provided is kept clean and tidy and is always worn while at work. Always wear Champs identification badge and black shoes/trainers, with no high-reflective or visible brand logos or coloured laces.
- To always wear, the Personal Protective Equipment which has been issued and instructed and to ensure that this is maintained to a satisfactory standard.
- To use every effort to develop and maintain effective working relationships with our customer, Champs guests and TSS colleagues.
- To attend training as required by TSS Training and Recruitment Manager and to complete online modules in Kronos.
- To report all accidents and dangerous occurrences/Near Miss to TSS Management Team as soon as you can.
- To conduct yourself in a professional manner to enhance the reputation of the Company and AELTC.
- To assist the AELTC Security Team in identifying security issues and report to Events Control Room (ECR).
- To comply with all The Companies policies and procedures as specified during the Discovery Day.
Life Skills, Behaviour and Attitude
- Competent in spoken English; able to communicate clearly and fully understand verbal instruction/training. Able to communicate reasonably in written English as required for: the service delivery, the safety of themselves and others.
- Well presented, clean, tidy and in full uniform (including uniform hats and shoes).
- Reliable, timely and consistent.
- Attends training and implements as required.
- Responds courteously and calmly to Line Manager, Supervisors and Team Leaders, client and guests.
- Courteous, professional, and helpful in all AELTC Site and/or guest interactions.
- Embraces “Open, Friendly and Approachable” service delivery.