Basic Protective Measures Against Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
COVID-19 is still affecting mainly people in China with some outbreaks in other countries. Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others. Take care of your health and protect others by doing the following:
1. Wash your hands frequently – Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
2. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth – Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
3. Practice respiratory hygiene – This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
4. Maintain social distancing – Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
5. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early – If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.