Corporate Social Responsibility
TSS believe that CSR represents the policies, practices and initiatives that we commit to in order to govern ourselves with honesty and transparency, whilst having a positive impact on social and environmental wellbeing, with the ultimate purpose being to drive change towards sustainability. We are therefore committed to sustainable development in all aspects of our business, ensuring a better quality of life for everyone, now and for generations to come.
We believe the key aspects of CSR within our business are:
We recognise the environmental impacts arising from our business activities and are committed to reducing these through effective environmental management.
We are committed to:
- Maintaining our ISO 14001 accreditation and all resulting policies and procedures
- Preventing pollution and reducing the overall impact of our operations on the environment
- Reducing the consumption of energy and water and use renewable and/or recyclable resources wherever practicable
- Minimising the generation of waste and implementing/promoting recycling initiatives
- Complying with, and where possible exceeding, applicable legislative requirements
- Monitoring our environmental performance and setting objectives and targets for improvement
- Providing appropriate training and awareness programmes for our employees
- Encouraging our suppliers and subcontractors to implement good environmental practices and procedures which support our own objectives and targets
We will take responsibility for the maintenance and revision of our environmental policy, which is reviewed on a regular basis, in order to set environmental objectives and targets for continuous improvement, as we recognise the need for sustainable environmental development.
We will conduct every aspect of our business with honesty, integrity and openness, respecting human rights and the interests of our employees, customers and third parties.
We aim to:
- Develop strong relationships with our stakeholders and others with whom we have dealings, based on mutual trust, understanding and respect
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for our stakeholders
- Create a workplace in which there is mutual trust and respect and where every person feels responsible for the performance and reputation of our Company and its brand
- Provide timely, regular and reliable information on the business and/or its services
- Provide a diverse workforce, recruiting, employing and promoting employees only on the basis of objective criteria and the qualifications and abilities needed for the job to be performed
- Provide safe, value for money, high quality, consistent, accessible and reliable services
We are committed to maintaining open and regular dialogue with all our stakeholder groups. These range from formal consultation to regular formal and informal contact on a day-to-day, week-to-week and month-to-month basis.
TSS has identified their social, economic and environmental impacts and have developed policies and procedures to confirm TSS as a sustainable business for their stakeholders, clients, the environment and the communities in which it works.
We seek to achieve the appropriate balance between the three pillars of sustainable development as follows:
- Economic factors include the costs of products and services over their entire life cycle, such as: acquisition, maintenance, operations and end-of-life management costs (including waste disposal) in line with good financial management
- Social factors include social justice and equity; safety and security; human rights and employment conditions
- Environmental factors include emissions to air, land and water, climate change, biodiversity, natural resource use and water scarcity over the whole product life cycle
We will endeavour to integrate environmental assessment criteria into our procurement strategy and purchasing procedures, whilst also evaluating products and services to ensure that we are using suppliers with corporate social responsibility and ethical values.
At TSS, we are committed to promoting best practice for our procurement process and specify the use of environmentally friendly materials, where possible. We will always explore the opportunity for recycling and the re-use of materials to ensure we meet our sustainability targets.
TSS strives to be a good corporate citizen, fulfilling its responsibilities and making a sustainable positive impact on the communities in which we operate.
- Offer employment opportunities through non-discriminatory policies and promote opportunities to disadvantaged and vulnerable groups
- Promote engagement between our employees and the community through volunteer days and community based projects
- Commit to supporting local community groups and charities including support for employees’ efforts in fundraising and for small-scale projects
- Support local initiatives for the development and education of young people in the areas we serve
Ultimately, our aim is to be sensitive to communities cultural, social and economic needs and to protect and preserve the environment wherever we operate.